About Daniel Wylde
Daniel is a senior associate in our London antitrust, competition and trade team.
Daniel advises clients on a variety of EU, UK and multi-jurisdictional competition law and digital regulatory matters, including merger control, large-scale behavioural investigations and litigation, advisory mandates and directors disqualification. Daniel advises many global clients from a variety of sectors, with a particular focus in the digital and tech space.
Based in our London office, Daniel has also previously worked in our Brussels and Washington D.C. antitrust teams. In 2018, Daniel was seconded to the Policy and International team of the UK Competition and Markets Authority to assist with its preparations for the UK's departure from the European Union and the future UK competition regime.
Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising Aristocrat Leisure in relation to its $1.2bn acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- Advising Schenk Process Group in relation to the $730m sale of its food and performance materials business to Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Advising the Independent Directors Committee of Qualtrics in relation to its $12.5bn sale to a consortium of Silver Lake and CPPIB.
- Advising Auction Technology Group plc on merger control aspects of its acquisition of Live Auctioneers, LLC.
- Advising Universal Pictures Home Entertainment on the merger control aspects of its joint venture with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the merger control aspects of its strategic partnership investment in PRO14 Rugby.
Investigations and litigation
- Advising a global tech company in relation to the co-ordination of ongoing proceedings and inquiries before the European Commission, UK Competition and Markets Authority and other global competition authorities.
- Representing a global tech company in its appeal of a European Commission decision to the European General Court.
- Advising a global tech company in relation to the UK Competition and Markets Authority's Online Platforms and Digital Advertising Market Study.
- Successfully securing permission to act as directors for two individuals in the first applications heard by the High Court in the context of directors disqualification for breaches of UK competition law.
- Durham University, UK (LLB hons)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Special Legal Consultant, District of Columbia (Application Submitted)
- Law Society, England and Wales