About Dr. Cosmas Weigel
Cosmas is a corporate/M&A associate in our global transactions group.
He advises on M&A transactions, particularly in the financial sector, and on general corporate matters.
Cosmas is fluent in German and English.
- Advised Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of wpd offshore GmbH, a leading offshore wind-farm developer, from wpd AG
- Advised UPM-Kymmene Corporation, a listed Finnish forest industry company, on the acquisition of AMC AG Advanced Methods of Coating
- Advised Volkswagen AG on its takeover offer for Europcar Mobility Group
- Advised NREP A/S, a leading Nordic real estate investor, on its acquisition of M3's Germany-focused real estate credit business
- Advised Altor Fund IV and KonfiDents, a leading German dentistry group, on KonfiDents merger with the national industry leader Zahneins
- Advised Hamburg Commercial Bank AG on its post-privatisation transformation process, including
- a comprehensive liability management exercise;
- the optimisation of its capital structure; and
- various board-room matters.
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (LL.B., First State Examination)
- Fordham Law School, New York City, USA
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (Dr. iur.)
- Legal clerkship (Rechtsreferendariat) at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court (Hanseatisches Oberlandesgericht) in Hamburg with stages at the European Commission in Brussels and our office in Hong Kong
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Hanseatic Bar Association, Hamburg, Germany