About Thomas Wallis
With an engaging commercial mindset, Tom advises sponsors, borrowers and lenders on finance law issues.
Tom's primary areas of focus are real estate financing and corporate treasury work. He brings an ability to cut through the most complex deals and to navigate his clients to successful closings.
Acquisition and event driven finance is a common element of many of Tom’s deals, and he has experience of both public and private acquisition processes.
Tom advises a range of companies and institutions on their financing needs, and a selection of his recent work includes:
- Advising elements of the Steinhoff group on a number of disposals (including the c.zł4.6bn IPO of the Pepco group and the c.$4bn merger of Mattress Firm with Tempur Seeley), reorganisations and lender management issues.
- Advising Pandox AB, the Swedish hotel property owner, on the refinancing of a portfolio of 21 hotels across the UK and Ireland and an associated internal reorganisation.
- Advising Flutter Entertainment plc on their c.£3bn equivalent financings, including in respect of the $11bn merger with The Stars Group.
- Advising Ares on the financing life cycle of a major pan European portfolio of industrial assets.
- Advising Compass Group plc on its syndicated and bilateral facilities, including in connection with the group’s successful Covid-19 response and effecting one of the first IBOR transitions for a swingline facility in the market.
- Advising KKR on financings relating to hotel and industrial portfolios in Spain.
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner Plc on their corporate financing requirements.
- Advising Link as servicer and special servicer in respect of a CMBS portfolio of UK care homes.
- Advising The Rank Group plc on their loan financing matters, including effecting IBOR transition.
- Advising TPG on the refinancing of €1.4bn of debt across four facilities and 12 jurisdictions for its P3 logistics platform and its subsequent sale to GIC.
- Advising Hastings Group on their loan financing matters.
- Advising Save the Children International on financing arrangements within the organisation.
- Advising the Elton John AIDS Foundation on the first ever social impact bond to tackle HIV.
- Solicitor of England & Wales
- College of Law
- University of Bristol