“Regarded as an excellent lawyer by his clients”
Geert is an experienced corporate lawyer who has played a leading role in many cross-border and complex corporate transactions, finance projects and capital markets operations in Belgium and abroad.
Working across a wide range of sectors, Geert acts for Belgian and international corporate clients, private equity funds and financial institutions on public takeovers, private acquisitions, privatisations, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, financing projects, as well as debt and equity offerings.
He also advises listed and non-listed companies on company law and corporate governance matters.
Clients appreciate not only his knowledge of corporate and finance law but also the practical view that he takes on legal projects.
He combines large experience and all- round technical excellence with a shrewd and proactive business sense.
Geert is fluent in Dutch, French and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of CID Lines, a leading Belgian company active in the supply of innovative hygiene solutions from Gilde Buy Out Partners.
- Advising the sellers in the sale of Multiplicom, a leading Belgium-based biotechnology and diagnostics company, to Agilent Technologies.
- Advising Solvay on the exit from Inovyn, its worldwide chlorvinyls joint venture with Ineos (having previously advised on the creation of the joint venture and the co-ordination of the carve-out of Solvay’s PVC activities in Belgium, Germany, Italy, France and Spain).
- Advising argenx, a Dutch biopharmaceuticals company listed on Euronext Brussels, on all its capital markets operations, including its IPO on Euronext Brussels, its 2016 secondary offering and its 2017 Nasdaq IPO by way of a public offering (and related listing of ordinary shares on Euronext Brussels).
- Advising on many rights and bond offerings, including the 2017 rights issue of Aedifica and the 2016 bond issue of Matexi.
- Catholic University of Brussels and Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (law)
- Brussels Bar
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200
Geert Verhoeven is an effective and diplomatic team player
Highly regarded in M&A, capital markets and Private equity
Really seasoned lawyer
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate governance
- Equity capital markets
- General corporate
- Joint ventures
- Listed companies
- Private equity and other financial investors
- Private M&A
- Financing and capital markets
- Debt capital markets
- High yield and acquisition finance
- Infrastructure finance
- IPO and other emissions
- Public private partnerships (PPP)
- Energy and natural resources
- Financial institutions
- Financial sponsors
- Governments and public sector
- Infrastructure and transport
- Pharmaceuticals, medical products and healthcare
- Professional and business services
- Real estate
- Retail and consumer goods
- Technology, media and telecommunications