Maj Vaseghi advises a wide variety of clients on corporate governance, executive compensation and employee benefits, including with respect to:
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings, where she advises clients on employee benefit and executive compensation aspects, including equity arrangements, negotiation of executive employment and severance arrangements, issues regarding golden parachute taxes under Section 280G of the Internal Revenue Code and deferred compensation issues under Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representation on ongoing executive compensation and employee benefits matters, including advising board compensation committees and senior executives with respect to employment arrangements, cash and equity-based incentive plans, deferred compensation plans, preparation of securities filings related to executive compensation matters, including proxy materials.
- Public company representation, including advising dozens of companies across a range of industries on corporate governance, securities law reporting and compliance and proxy advisory and institutional stockholder voting guidelines.
Maj previously served as in-house securities and corporate governance counsel at VMWare, and brings a keen understanding of the business issues large public companies face. She frequently writes and speaks on corporate governance, executive compensation and employee benefits related issues.back to tab navigation
- Eventbrite in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and recent financing of up to $225m from Francisco Partners and convertible senior notes offering.
- NVIDIA in its recent acquisition of Cumulus Networks.
- The Cheesecake Factory in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and its recent $200m convertible preferred investment from affiliates of Roark Capital and acquisition of Fox Restaurant Concepts.
- Aduro Biotech in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and pending merger with Chinook Therapeutics.
- William Lyon Homes in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and its $2.4 billion merger with Taylor Morrison.
- Caesars Entertainment in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and pending merger with Eldorado Resorts.
- Maxar Technologies in its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and domestication into the U.S.
- Advising on an ongoing basis dozens of public companies on securities compliance, corporate governance and ongoing compensation and benefits matters, including: Advanced Micro Devices, Aduro Biotech, American Airlines, Amgen, Avery Dennison, BioRad Laboratories, The Cheesecake Factory, Broadcom, Caesars Entertainment Corporation, CalAmp, Eventbrite, Extreme Networks, Intuitive Surgical, Mattel, Nevro, Prothena, Realty Income, ResMed, Skechers, Staar Surgical and Zosano Pharma.
back to tab navigation
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.S., Columbia University
- State of California
Silicon Valley2710 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
T T +1 650 618 9248