About Christian Vandergeest
Christian is a senior associate in our Dispute Resolution Group based in New York.
He represents clients in international arbitrations, commercial litigation, and complex cross-border mandates, including enforcement of arbitral awards and discovery in aid of foreign proceedings. He is also an active member of our pro bono team.
- Representing a consortium of oil and gas supermajors in a commercial arbitration with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation arising under a production sharing contract.
- Representing a multinational electronics company in a AAA arbitration with a patent licensor concerning alleged breaches of a licensing agreement.
- Representing Tesco Plc in successfully seeking Section 1782 discovery in aid of commercial litigation pending in the United Kingdom.
- Representing affiliates of Chevron and Equinor in an action against the Nigerian state-owned oil company to recognize and enforce a multi-billion dollar arbitral award set aside at the seat of arbitration.
- Representing affiliates of ExxonMobil and a British multinational oil and gas company in a separate action against the Nigerian state-owned oil company to recognize and enforce a multi-billion dollar arbitral award set aside at the seam of arbitration.
- Representing a structured investment vehicle in clawback litigation brought by the Madoff bankruptcy trustee.
- Representing a trafficking victim in a civil suit against her traffickers under the Trafficking Victims Protection Act.
- Representing asylum seekers in proceedings in federal and state courts.
- JD, Harvard Law School, cum laude
- MGA, University of Toronto
- BA, Redeemer University College
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York and Eastern District of New York.