About Carol Van der Vorst
Carol advises private equity and other investment funds on leveraged acquisition finance and refinancing transactions.
Carol has particular experience advising on European and US-style term loan B financings, first/ second lien, unitranches as well as bank/bond and other multi-layered debt and hybrid capital structures. She advises clients on private acquisition financings, public to private and other event-driven financing transactions.
Carol previously served as a managing director in the debt underwriting group at Goldman Sachs and as a partner in a leading US lawfirm.
She is recognised as one of 1000 women leaders by IFLR.
- Acted for the underwriters, Bank of America and Macquarie Capital and other lenders in relation to certain funds senior secured term and revolving financing commitments supporting CVC Capital’s acquisition of Gaming One.
- Acted for BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank as lead underwriters of bridge to bond and revolving facilities supporting Apax’s acquisition of Lutech SpA.
- Acted for Bain Capital Credit in connection with a US$275 million holdco financing and related investment to support Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment’s $1.55 billion Phase 1 development of the INSPIRE Entertainment Resort in South Korea.
- Acted for Permira Credit and other senior lenders in relation to the unitranche financing supporting EQT’s acquisition of Parcel2Go.
- Acted for the potential underwriters including Barclays Bank and BNP Paribas in relation to certain funds term and revolving financing commitments supporting CVC Capital’s bid to acquire J.F. Hillebrand Group AG.
- Acted for an underwriting bank in relation to debt financing to support Nordic Capital’s portfolio company, Nordax Bank’s, bid to acquire Oslo-listed Norwegian Finans Bank.
- Acted for Goldman Sachs and P. Morgan as lead banks in relation to pre-IPO facilities for a FinTech business.
- Advised Goldman Sachs and other banks in connection with a €850 million equivalent bridge to bond and super-senior revolving facilities supporting the SEK13 billion public to private takeover offer by the founding family in respect of Oriflame Holding AG, a Swiss company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Advised Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in connection with a EUR 1,800,000,000 super-senior and SEK 2,000,000,000 senior secured revolving facilities refinancing for Intrum AB (publ).
- Lawyer, Brussels law society, Dutch speaking section.
- Foreign Registered Lawyer, England and Wales.