About Janine Van den Bercken
Janine is an associate in the Antitrust, Competition and Trade team in our firm's Amsterdam office. She specialises in competition law, administrative law, European law and regulated markets across a range of sectors, including media, telecommunications, industrial and consumer goods.
She has acted on complex litigious matters before the Dutch courts. Janine also has experience with in-depth second phase merger investigations and large multi-jurisdictional merger control and foreign investment control filings across Europe and the rest of the world. Janine is fluent in Dutch and English.
- Advising Talpa Holding on the in-depth second phase review of the proposed merger between Talpa Network and RTL Nederland, combining their broadcasting and affiliated media activities in the Netherlands.
- Defending a leading FMCG company in cartel probes of the Dutch competition authority (ACM) and the Belgian competition authority (BMA). The enforcers issued fines for allegedly exchanging price information with competitors.
- Defending HP against a standalone abuse of dominance claim before the Dutch courts.
- Advising largest veal producer, Van Drie, in an in-depth second phase review of its purchase of Van Dam.
- Radboud University, the Netherlands, LLM in Corporate Law
- Radboud University, the Netherlands, LLB in Law
- Soongsil University, South Korea