About Christina Valdini
Christina specialises in litigation and arbitration. She advises and represents national and international companies and financial institutions in all areas of business and commercial law.
Christina has particular experience in defending companies in complex mass claims proceedings. She is a member of our Financial Institutions Disputes Group and our skills group Insolvency Disputes.
She speaks German and English.
- Advising and representing a major German vehicle manufacturer in national and international mass litigation proceedings (with special focus on the law of legal services);
- Defending a leading international financial institution in litigation proceedings relating to complex international financial transactions;
- Conducting a major internal investigation for a global financial institution in connection with its US cross-border business;
- Defending a German chemical company against claw-back action;
- Representing a German airport in a dispute about claw-back of payments received against the insolvency administrator of an airline;
- Defending a leading German financial institution against claw-back action;
- Advising and representing a leading German insurance company in a dispute against a former insurance agent;
- Representing an international start-up company in a contract-related dispute with its former subsidiary.
Christina studied law at Hamburg University and at King`s College London. She completed her legal clerkship (Referendariat), during which she worked in Freshfields' Hamburg office and in a DAX-listed company, at the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (Hanseatisches Oberlandesgericht). Christina was admitted to the Hamburg bar as Rechtsanwältin in 2014.
- Master of Law – LL.M. (2011, commercial law, King's College London)