About Dr. Thomas Tschentscher
Thomas specialises in German administrative, commercial and EU law.
He has a particular focus on the regulatory and public affairs aspects of projects in regulated markets, especially the TMT sector.
Thomas advises international clients, combining practical legal expertise with a thorough understanding of the underlying technical, economic and political issues.
Drawing on his market and sector-specific knowledge – and his contacts with decision-makers and regulators – he gives investors a clear understanding of the legal, regulatory and political ramifications of large-scale TMT investments in Europe and MENA.
Thomas speaks German, English and French.
- Advising Vodafone in Germany on a wide range of network infrastructure and regulatory matters, frequency issues (including 3G/4G licences), tariffs and access regulation.
- Advising Liberty Global on cable and content acquisitions.
- Advising financial and strategic investors on network infrastructure investments, including mobile and broadband cable networks, broadcasting towers, and gas and electricity transmission systems in Europe and MENA.
- Assisting with regulatory proceedings triggered by new technologies like M2M and IoT.
- Co-ordinating large-scale international investigations and crisis management projects in the financial services and the automotive sector, among others.
- Universities of Munich and Bonn, Germany (law)
- London School of Economics, UK
- University of Bonn, Germany (Dr jur)
- University of Virginia School of Law, US (LLM)