About Lukas Treichl
Lukas is a counsel based in Vienna and Berlin and co-heads the Freshfields Lab.
As a member of the firm’s global transactions practice group, he regularly advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions related to telecommunications, outsourcing and data. His recent work has been centred around his clients’ digital transformation projects, particularly in the telecoms and automotive industries.
At the Freshfields Lab, Lukas leads a cross-functional team of more than 20 legal professionals, software developers, machine learning engineers and project managers. He has a significant track record of delivering innovative solutions to his clients at the intersection of law and technology throughout all relevant stages in the life cycle of digital solutions, from conceptualisation to successful implementation.
- Omantel on the USD 500M sale of its towers network infrastructure and subsequent servicing of passive infrastructure by Helios Towers.
- Volkswagen on a number of digital transformation projects, including the
- setup of its automotive cloud,
- a group wide data management framework,
- a global cooperation in the space of autonomous driving, and
- various cross-border investments in the technology space.
- Multinational pharmaceutical company in the co-development of software as a medical device (saMD) and subsequent commercialisation across multiple regions as a SaaS product.
- Global automotive software company on the regulatory assessment of various types of digital car services (entertainment, driver assistance, security, over the air updates) in more than 90 countries worldwide.
- Volkswagen on the settlement of thousands of civil claims leveraging machine learning capabilities, documenting and designing lean, efficient and compliant processes, integration of various backend services and simulation of costs and exposure.
- Global consumer goods company on the development of a Regulatory Insights Platform and roll-out to a global user base into more than 150+ markets.
- US based leisure and lifestyle conglomerate on the automated analysis of 33,000 contracts for GDPR compliance within only 2 months, which leveraged and combined various technologies to build risk clusters and provide mitigation measures for each cluster.
- University of California, Berkeley, United States (LL M)
- University of Vienna, Austria (Mag iur)
- admitted to practice in Austria (Rechtsanwalt)
- certified Scrum Master