About Bea Tormey
Bea is a litigation and antitrust partner in our London office. She leads our London antitrust litigation team and jointly leads our global cartel skills group.
Bea has extensive experience in defending clients from damages and other actions in the English courts and Competition Appeal Tribunal. She has acted in numerous damages claims arising from decisions of the European Commission and national regulators. She has particular experience in the co-ordination of antitrust litigation in respect of claims arising from the same conduct which have been brought in multiple jurisdictions.
She also has a depth of experience in acting in antitrust investigations and other regulatory investigation in the UK and EU, including advising on dawn raids and leniency applications. Her experience includes co-ordinating the defence of antitrust investigations across multiple jurisdictions. She has represented clients in antitrust and regulatory investigations undertaken by various regulators and agencies, including the European Commission, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Financial Conduct Authority, Ofcom and Ofgem.
- Acting for Volvo/Renault Trucks in the co-ordination of its Europe-wide defence of claims arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry;
- Acting for an international investment bank in relation to the European Commission’s investigations into LIBOR and EURIBOR and subsequent appeal to the European General Court;
- Acting for Emirates in damages litigation in the English High Court arising from the air cargo cartel;
- Acting for the Vita Group in relation to its successful immunity application and subsequent defence of litigation arising from the European Commission’s decision in relation to polyurethane foam.
- LLB (First Class Honours), The Australian National University
- LLM, Emmanuel College, Cambridge