About Emily Tilden-Smith
Emily is a Senior Associate based in the Dispute Resolution team of our London office.
Emily’s practice focuses on complex, high-value, cross-border litigation, including commercial fraud claims and litigation following regulatory action. Her experience includes acting in cases before the High Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and Privy Council.
Emily previously worked as a judicial assistant to Lord Dyson, the former Head of Civil Justice in England and Wales. She was also seconded to the Bank of England’s enforcement and litigation division.
Emily’s experience includes advising:
- an English holding company on a USD1 billion claim in the Commercial Court arising out of enforcement action taken by its subsidiary;
- a major corporate in shareholder litigation in the High Court arising out of a profit overstatement;
- a financial institution in relation to its defence of a USD2 billion claim in the Commercial Court concerning a restructuring agreement; and
- a listed company as Claimant in High Court proceedings relating to a multi-million dollar fraud perpetrated by its senior director.
- University of Warwick, Law (LLB)
- University of Law, Moorgate, London UK - Legal Practice Course
- Solicitor-Advocate, Higher Courts Civil, England and Wales