Paul M. Tiger advises on public and private M&A transactions and private equity investments.
He also counsels companies and their boards on stockholder activism, corporate governance, and fiduciary duty considerations. He has been recognized as a rising star for M&A by Law360, for M&A and activism by Legal 500, and for M&A by the IFLR 1000.back to tab navigation
Select Public Company M&A and related experience:
- National Amusements (the Redstone family holding company) in connection with its investments in CBS and Viacom, including the pending $30.5 billion merger to create ViacomCBS.
- Family Dollar Stores in its $9.3 billion acquisition by Dollar Tree for cash and stock and rejection of a hostile tender offer by Dollar General.
- Alpha Natural Resources in its $8.5 billion acquisition of Massey Energy Company.
- Dun & Bradstreet in its $6.9 billion sale of the company.
- Kindred Healthcare in its $4.1 billion sale of the company to a consortium led by TPG Capital, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, and Humana.
- Tiffany & Co. in its entry into settlement agreements with JANA Partners and Francesco Trapani.
- Cushman & Wakefield in connection with Vanke’s subscription for 4.9% of the outstanding shares in Cushman, and in its $831 million IPO.
- BlueMountain Capital in its proxy contest at PG&E.
- TPG Specialty Lending (a TPG affiliate) in its proxy contests at TICC Capital.
- Scientific Games in its $1.5 billion acquisition of NYSE-listed WMS Industries.
- Manitou BF S.A. in its tender offer and follow-on second-step merger to acquire Gehl Company.
- Cascade Investment, LLC (the personal investment vehicle of Bill Gates) in various matters, including its buyout of Four Seasons Hotels (together with Kingdom Hotels International and Isadore Sharp).
Select strategic transactions:
- Stanley Black & Decker in various acquisitions, divestitures and investments, including its $690 million purchase of the IES Attachments business, its $725 million divestiture of its mechanical security businesses to dormakaba, its $1.4 billion divestiture of its hardware and home improvement business to Spectrum Brands, and its purchase of CRC-Evans International, Inc.
- Google in its $2.9 billion divestiture of the Motorola Mobility business to Lenovo.
- OCI N.V. in its announced $8 billion combination with CF Industries and in a $630 million joint venture with Consolidated Energy Limited regarding a greenfield methanol project in Beaumont, Texas.
- International Seaways in its $434 million acquisition of six “VLCC” vessels from Euronav NV in connection with Euronav’s acquisition of Gener8 Maritime, Inc.
- Roquette Frères S.A. in its acquisition of the Sethness Products Company.
Select private equity deals:
- A consortium led by TPG, PAG Asia Capital, and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of Cushman & Wakefield and in the consortium’s prior acquisitions of Cassidy Turley and DTZ.
- TPG in various matters, including its purchase and subsequent $2 billion sale of Envision Pharmaceutical Services to Rite Aid Corporation.
- TPG Sixth Street Partners in various private transactions.
- The Raine Group in connection with its investment in Vice Group Holding Inc., the parent company of Vice Media.
Other select experience:
- Barclays Capital in its acquisition of Lehman Brothers’ North American investment banking and capital markets businesses, as well as its Manhattan headquarters and certain other real estate.
- Goldman Sachs & Co. in its role as financial advisor on various public and private transactions.
- Codelco in its purchase of a 29.5% stake in Anglo American Sur.
Stanford Law School
- J.D. with distinction; Order of the Coif 2004
University of Oregon
- B.A. summa cum laude 1999
- New York
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 277 4033
F +1 212 277 4001
Rising Star - M&A
IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Law Firms