About Jeremy Tan
Jeremy is a senior associate in our global transactions team, based in our Singapore office. Prior to joining Freshfields, Jeremy worked at a leading international law firm in Australia, advising on a variety of corporate mandates with a focus on private M&A in the energy and resources sector.
Since relocating to the firm’s Singapore office in 2016, Jeremy has advised a number of key clients, primarily in the energy and resources sector on M&A transactions in the Asia-Pacific region and globally.
- Advising ConocoPhillips on the sale of its Indonesian oil and gas assets to Medco Energi for US$1.355 billion in the largest oil and gas M&A deal in Southeast Asia signed in 2021.
- Advising Repsol on the completed US$212.5m sale of its portfolio of upstream operated assets in Malaysia and Vietnam to Hibiscus Energy.
- Advising Rosneft on global oil and gas trading arrangements and on its strategic alliance with Pertamina, including the development with Pertamina of a $19bn refinery project in Tuban, Indonesia.
- Advising KKR backed energy platform Mandala Energy on the sale of its entire participating interest in the Lemang Block, an upstream oil and gas asset in Indonesia, to Jadestone, an AIM listed independent oil and gas production company focused on the Asia Pacific region.
- Advising Neptune Energy on its $3.9bn acquisition of Engie E&P International.
- Advising BP on all aspects of its investment in, and the development of, terminal and storage facilities at Khor Al Zubayr in Southern Iraq.
- University of Western Australia, Australia (Bachlelor of Laws, Bachelor of Commerce)
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Western Australia, High Court of Australia