About Auke-Frank Tadema
Auke is an associate in the IP/IT team in our firm's Amsterdam office. He specialises in intellectual property law, IT law and data protection law, with a focus on patent litigation in the fields of pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, software and technology. He has gained experience in complex IP and data protection related disputes, as well as in tech-related M&A and other non-contentious IP/IT matters.
Auke is fluent in Dutch and English.
Selected litigation experience includes:
- Acting for AB Inbev in PI proceedings against Philips Domestic Appliances relating to the PerfectDraft appliance.
- Advising and representing Moderna in patent litigation proceedings against Pfizer and BioNTech relating to mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.
- Acting for Novartis in multiple (PI) proceedings against inter alia Pharmathen (Sandostatin), Samsung Bioepis (Lucentis), Mylan and Teva (Gilenya)
- University of Groningen, the Netherlands, LLB in Law and ICT
- University of Groningen, the Netherlands, LLM in IT Law (with a focus on intellectual property)
- Queen's University, Kingston ON Canada (Exchange program)
- Attorney-at-law (advocaat) - Netherlands Bar
- Representative before the Unified Patent Court (UPC)