Sofia Svinkovskaya is an associate in our Vienna office and a member of the firm's International Arbitration Group.
Sofia specialises in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration. She has particular experience with disputes involving investment protection under bilateral investment treaties, construction and engineering, energy, telecommunications, and international sale of goods.
Before joining Freshfields, Sofia worked was an associate in the arbitration team of a leading Austrian law firm and externed at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in Washington D.C.
Sofia is a graduate of the University of Vienna (Mag.iur.) and holds an LL.M. degree in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown Law, which she attended as Georgetown's International Arbitration Scholar. She is admitted to practice in New York (USA).
Sofia is fluent in English, German, Russian, Slovak, Ukrainian and Czech.back to tab navigation
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M.'20 (Dean's List, International Arbitration Scholar)
- Georgetown University Law Center (Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution)
- The Hague Academy of International Law (2018)
- University of Vienna, Mag.iur. (2016)
- New York, USA (Attorney-at-law)
back to tab navigation