About Sofia Svinkovskaya
Sofia Svinkovskaya is an Associate in the firm's International Arbitration Group and Global Projects Disputes Practice.
Sofia specialises in international commercial and investment treaty arbitration. She has particular experience with disputes involving investment protection under bilateral investment treaties, construction and engineering, infrastructure, energy, gaming, telecommunications, and international sale of goods.
- Advising a leading European biotechnology company in an ICC arbitration concerning a supply agreement
- Advising a Middle Eastern joint venture sub-contractor in relation to ICC arbitration proceedings concerning significant payment disputes and delay and disruption claims for works at a major oil and gas facility in the UAE.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications company in an ICC arbitration relating to a post-M&A dispute.
- Advising an Austrian transportation company in a multi-faceted international dispute with a Central European State before the European Court of Human Rights.
- *Advising Austrian investors in the gaming sector in an ICSID arbitration against Argentina under the Austria-Argentina BIT concerning revocation of a gaming license.
*Experience prior to joining Freshfields
- Georgetown Law, LL.M. (International Arbitration Scholar, Distinction and Dean's List)
- Georgetown Law (Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution)
- University of Vienna, Mag.iur.
- ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Eastern Europe 2023-2024
- The Hague Academy of International Law
- Austrian Arbitration Academy - Practice Diploma in International Arbitration
- Austria (Rechtsanwältin)
- State of New York, USA (Attorney at law)