Charlotte is a counsel based in Abu Dhabi who has recently returned from secondment with ADNOC supporting the upstream team.
She advises on acquisitions, asset transfers and disposals, joint ventures and strategic alliances with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors. As well as her experience working for ADNOC, Charlotte has worked for a number of energy majors both in the region and globally.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Charlotte worked in Wellington (New Zealand) and Brisbane (Australia) on a variety of energy, infrastructure, TMT, procurement and corporate mandates.back to tab navigation
- Advising First Gulf Bank on its merger with National Bank of Abu Dhabi, which created the largest bank in the MENA region with $183bn of assets and a combined market capitalisation of c.$30.9bn. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising International Petroleum Investment Company on its merger with Mubadala Development Company creating Mubadala Investment Company, an entity with c.$125bn of assets with partnerships and businesses in 20+ countries.
- Advising Al Hilal Bank PJSC in relation to a three-way merger with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank to create the third largest bank in the UAE, with total assets of US$114bn.
- Advising Abu Dhabi National Oil Company in relation to a number of mandates, including the establishment of an international futures exchange for Murban crude oil in the Abu Dhabi Global Market in partnership with Intercontinental Exchange.
- Advising KAR Group, a Kurdistan integrated oil and gas company, on its acquisition of a 40% stake in Singapore-incorporated Kurdistan Pipeline Company Pte. Ltd in relation to the joint implementation of a $3bn infrastructure project for the operation of the oil export pipeline in the Kurdish Autonomous Region.
- Advising Emirates National Oil Company on its circa $6bn acquisition and de-listing of Dragon Oil, an Irish Stock Exchange listed upstream oil and gas company, with operations and assets in Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Afghanistan and Tunisia and its midstream JV arrangements.
- Advising a consortium of three GCC national oil companies on the proposed acquisition of a $8bn JV interest in a US oilco’s MENA region, upstream portfolio, spanning eight MENA countries.
- Advising a private equity investor on its acquisition of a significant minority interest in Indorama Eleme Fertilizer & Chemicals Limited, the largest urea fertiliser manufacturer in Sub-Saharan Africa, from Indorama Corporation.
- Advising Amni International Petroleum Development Company (a Nigerian exploration and production company) on the c. US$500m sale of 100 per cent of its shares to a natural resources investment company.
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand (LLB in law, first class honours; BSc in zoology and plants and microbial sciences, 2002-2006)
- Member of the New Zealand Bar since 2007
Abu DhabiLevel 6, Al Sila Tower, Abu Dhabi Global Market Square, Al Maryah Island
PO Box 129817
T +971 2 6521 700
F +971 2 6521 777