About Joe Soltis
Joe is a tax partner based in our New York office. Joe represents clients across multiple industries on US and international tax-related aspects of transactional deals, including domestic and cross-border taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, financing arrangements, investments, partnerships and joint ventures, bankruptcy reorganizations, securities issuances, and real estate matters.
- Coupa on its $8 billion sale to Thoma Bravo.
- BP on its $4.1 billion take-private of Archaea Energy.
- EQT Growth Fund as the lead investor in the Series F financing round of Gympass Inc.
- PhenomeX on its $108 million sale to Bruker Corporation.
- eBay on its acquisition of Certilogo and TCGplayer.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its $1.2 billion acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Neogames.
- Verlinvest S.A. in connection with a comprehensive financing by Oatly Group AB.
- TriNet Group on its tender offer, share repurchase and related financing transactions.
- Underwriters on Ares Capital Corporation’s SEC-registered investment grade debt, equity and convertible offerings.
- Underwriters on $1.2 billion Notes Offering by Republic Services.
- Molekule Group on its all-stock merger with Aura Smart Air.
- Jungheinrich AG on its $375 million acquisition of Storage Solutions, Inc.
- Berkeley Lights on its acquisition of IsoPlexis.
- TriNet Group, Inc. on its $109 million modified Dutch auction tender offer.
- Sonoco on its acquisition of the remaining equity interest in its joint venture with the WestRock Company, RTS Packaging, and one paper mill for $330 million.
- Alpha Dhabi on its acquisition of a 25% stake in Gordon Technologies.
- ServiceNow on its acquisition of Era Software, Inc.
- AmerisourceBergen on its $1.3 billion acquisition of PharmaLex.
- TriNet on its acquisition of Clarus R+D Solutions.
- Portico Holdings LLC in the sale of its business to Cowen, Inc.
- MacAndrews & Forbes in connection with the pre-packaged Chapter 11 reorganization of Deluxe Entertainment.
- Apax Partners in its joint venture with Accenture and the subsequent IPO of Duck Creek Technologies, Inc.
- Wilshire Associates in its acquisition by CC Capital and Motive Partners.
- Permira Funds in its acquisition and subsequent disposition of valuation and corporate finance advisor Duff & Phelps.
- Hillenbrand, Inc. in its acquisition of Milacron Holdings Corp.
- Exact Sciences Corporation in its acquisition of Genomic Health, Inc.
- 21st Century Fox in its spin-off of Fox Corporation and sale to Disney.
- Sealed Air in its disposition of its Diversey cleaning and chemicals business to Bain Capital.
- Windstream Holdings, Inc. in its spinoff of Communications Sales & Leasing, Inc. an independent publicly traded REIT and its subsequent debt-for-equity exchanges with respect to its remaining stake in CS&L.
- Spotify Technologies S.A. in its acquisition of Gimlet Media, Inc., Bill Simmons Media Group LLC, and other podcast technology and content companies.
- Various SPAC sponsors in connection with the formation and initial public offering of SPACs and subsequent business combinations.
- LLM, Taxation, New York University Law School
- JD, New York University Law School
- BA, Political Sciences, New York University College of Arts and Science
- New York