About Charles Smye
Charles is an associate in the People & Reward department in London. He advises on a broad range of employment, incentives and pensions law in transactional, contentious and advisory contexts.
During his time at Freshfields, Charles has spent time on secondment to the litigation and regulatory enforcement team of a major international bank and to the employment legal team of a global technology company.
- Advising Stanley, Black and Decker, Inc. on the disposal of its security business for $3.2 billion.
- Acting for Croda International plc on its divestment of its PTIC businesses to Cargill Inc for c.€900 million.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on the employment and incentives aspects of its €4.325 billion disposal of the Borsa Italiana Group.
- Advising on the initial public offerings of Dr. Martens, Pepco Group and Pod Point.
- Advising a global investment bank in defending a sex discrimination claim, which was struck out by the Employment Tribunal.
- Advising on various other employment tribunal claims in connection with unfair dismissal and whistleblowing.
- Advising a financial services client on the exercise of clawback to a former employee's compensation.
- Advising various clients (both public and private) on the hiring and departure of senior executives, including consideration of management incentive arrangements.
- Conducting investigations for various listed and private companies into allegations of bullying and harassment.
- University College, University of Oxford, UK (BA Jurisprudence, first class)
- BPP Law School, UK (Accelerated Legal Practice Course (LPC))
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Share Plan Lawyers