About Doug Smith
Doug is a partner in our global transactions group and co-head of our international capital markets practice.
He advises sponsors, underwriters and issuers on capital markets transactions ranging from initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements to high-yield, emerging market and investment-grade bond offerings, debt issuance programmes and liability management exercises. Doug also advises on the US aspects and financing of cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
A New York-qualified lawyer, Doug has practiced in London since 2003 and delivers deal solutions with an integrated US and international approach.
- Advising Transnet, the state-owned operator, owner and custodian of the Republic of South Africa’s railway, ports and pipeline infrastructure on its US$1 billion bond offering.
- Advising MHP, a leading international agro-industrial company headquartered in Ukraine, on its bond offerings and liability management activities.
- Advising Salik, Dubai's road toll operator, on its IPO on the Dubai Financial Market.
- Advising Elopak, a leading global supplier of carton packaging and filling equipment, on its IPO on the Oslo Børs.
- Advising Pepco Group, the pan-European discount retailer, on its IPO on the Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Advising on the London IPOs of Pod Point, Deliveroo, Darktrace, Dr. Martens, Trainline, Funding Circle, Convatec and Vivo Energy (among others).
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD (Magna cum laude)
- Admitted to practice in New York