About Dr. Ulrich Sittard
Ulrich Sittard regularly advises on employment related restructuring and reorganisations, including the implementation of voluntary leaver programmes and negotiations with the works council and trade unions. Another focus is on employment aspects of M&A transactions and post-merger integration. He advises clients on employment law issues relating to digital transformation and digitalisation as well as the introduction of agile working methods in Germany and in an international context. He also regularly advises on issues relating to the use of external staff and complex negotiations with works councils on the introduction of IT tools including tools that use artificial intelligence.
Furthermore, Ulrich Sittard advises on all issues of individual and collective labour law as well as in the area of occupational pension schemes.
Ulrich Sittard regularly appears as an author of employment law publications and as a lecturer on employment law topics. He is co-author of the "Henssler/Willemsen/Kalb - Employment Law Commentary" and the restructuring handbook "Willemsen/Hohenstatt/Schweibert/Seibt". He is also the author of the "Handbuch für das gesamte Tarifrecht" (Henssler/Moll/Bepler), the commentary "Arbeitsrecht der betrieblichen Altersversorgung" (Schlewing/Henssler/Schipp/Schnitker) and of the "BeckOGK Arbeitsrecht".
Ulrich Sittard is part of the board of Arbeitsgemeinschaft Arbeitsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltverein.
Ulrich Sittard speaks German and English.
- Advising DZ Bank on all employment and pension aspects of the sale of the land transport and aviation finance business of its subsidiary DVB.
- Advising on several restructurings and the negotiation of balance of interest and social plan with the works council.
- Advising REWE on the employment aspects of the ministerial approval of a merger of competitors in the food retail sector and on the acquisition of parts of the Kaiser’s Tengelmann business in Germany.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of Douglas Holding.
- Advising EQT on the employment and pension aspects of its acquisition of the building, real estate and facility business of Bilfinger and on the employment and pension aspects of its acquisition of the hearing aid business unit of Siemens and the corresponding carve-out.
- Advising Ströer Media on the employment aspects of its acquisition of T-Online and Interactive Media.
- Advising Vodafone on the implementation of agile working methods.
- University of Cologne, Germany (Dr iur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany