About Vinita Sithapathy
Vinita represents corporate and private equity clients on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions.
She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in India. Vinita is fluent in Tamil and Hindi.
- Novartis on its acquisition of DTx Pharma for an upfront payment of $500 million and additional milestone payments.
- bp on its $4.1 billion take-private of Archaea Energy.
- Google on the $5.4 billion acquisition of publicly-traded Mandiant Inc., as well as related transactions with Blackstone and other private equity sponsor holders of convertible preferred stock of Mandiant.
- Jungheinrich AG on its acquisition of Storage Solutions, Inc.
- Japan Tobacco (JT) on its joint venture with Altria Group to market and commercialize heated tobacco stick (“HTS”) products in the United States.
- ServiceNow on its acquisition of Era Software, Inc.
- Sonoco on its $1.35 billion acquisition of Ball Metalpack.
- Siemens on the sale of its global low-voltage NEMA motors business to ABB.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3 billion acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies.
- Cargill, Inc. and the buyer consortium on the $4.3 billion take-private of Nasdaq-listed Sanderson and simultaneous formation of JV with Continental Grain and private acquisition of Wayne Farms.
- Western Union on the $910 million sale of Western Union Business Solutions to Goldfinch Partners and Baupost Group.
- Universal Music Group on the $4 billion acquisition by SPAC Pershing Square Tontine Holdings of 10% of UMG from Vivendi and separation of UMG from Vivendi.
- Charterhouse Capital Partners on the business combination of Mirion Technologies and GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II.
- A major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew’s $8 billion business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- Google on its $4.5 billion transaction with Jio Platforms, including investment and governance arrangements, and commercial agreements to develop an affordable smartphone with an optimized operating system; and on its acquisitions of Cornerstone Technology and Dataform.
- Special Committee of Independent Directors of Emerald Holding in a $400 million convertible preferred stock PIPE led by Onex Corporation.
- Paine Schwartz Partners on its acquisition of Wawona Packing and on Wawona’s subsequent acquisitions of Gerawan Farming and Burchell Nursery; acquisition of Lyons Magnus and on Lyons Magnus’ subsequent acquisition of TRU Aseptics; acquisition of the FoodChainID and on FoodChainID’s various acquisitions in the US, Brazil, Italy and Belgium; and in portfolio company Eurodrip’s merger with Rivulis Irrigation.
- A Leading global private equity firm on the acquisition of Israeli credit card operator Leumi Cards from Bank Leumi.
- Hewlett-Packard Company on its spin-off of HPE and the resulting global business separation, creating two separate publicly traded companies with a combined market capitalization in excess of $50 billion.
- London Stock Exchange on its $1.15 billion sale of Frank Russell Company’s asset management business to TA Associates and Reverence Capital Partners and $685 million acquisition of Citigroup’s Yield Book and Fixed Income Indices business.
- Japan Tobacco on its $5 billion acquisition of the non-US operations of Natural American Spirit from Reynolds American and its acquisition of Logic Technology Development.
- the Chief Executive Officer, Chairman and Founder of global visual technology company RealD in its $550 million take-private by Rizvi Traverse.
- Columbia Law School
- LL.M., 2014
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai, India
- BLS, LL.B., 2008
- New York