About Justin C. Simeone
Justin is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group based in Washington, D.C.
Justin is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group based in Washington, DC. He has experience representing clients in civil and criminal litigation matters, including experience conducting depositions and delivering oral arguments in U.S. federal district court. He has been a member of multiple trial teams, including a four-week jury trial involving criminal securities fraud charges in the Southern District of New York. In addition, Justin has experience leading and conducting white collar investigations involving conduct in more than two dozen countries, including investigations by DOJ, SEC, CFTC, and the World Bank spanning allegations of fraud, corruption, anticompetitive practices, securities violations, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations. Justin maintains an active pro bono practice that includes individual representation, class action litigation, and appellate advocacy.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Justin held positions as a Scholar in Residence at New York University School of Law, a Short-Term Consultant for the World Bank and International Labor Organization, and an Extern in the Office of the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State. In addition, he taught or assisted with courses on international relations and international law at Princeton University, the Georgetown University Law Center, and the University of Mary Washington.
Justin's experience includes:
- advising a global telecom company on multiple aspects of its relations with DOJ and SEC regarding alleged FCPA violations in multiple countries
- representing one of Europe’s largest chemical producers during a civil antitrust trial in the D.D.C. federal district court
- representing the former CEO of a public company during a criminal securities fraud trial in the S.D.N.Y. federal district court
- advising a global bank during DOJ and SEC investigations into a series of multi-billion-dollar infrastructure loans to an African country
- advising a leading Chinese state-owned construction company during a World Bank Integrity Vice Presidency investigation
- representing an individual from a leading crypto-currency company during DOJ, CFTC, and NY Attorney General investigations
- representing a class of Special Immigrant Visa applicants in successful litigation before the D.D.C. federal district court
- representing a well-known think tank in amicus briefs to the Fourth Circuit, Ninth Circuit, and Supreme Court
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, Global Law Scholar, Global Teaching Fellow, Executive Articles Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal
- M.A., Princeton University, Levy Social Policy Fellow, Liman Public Interest Law Fellow
- M.Sc., London School of Economics, Fulbright Scholar to the United Kingdom
- B.A., University of Mary Washington, Class Valedictorian
- Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.