About Rachel Seeley
Rachel is a restructuring and insolvency Counsel in our global transactions group based in London.
She has experience acting for lenders, borrowers, administrators, liquidators and other key parties in the restructuring and insolvency market.
During her time at Freshfields, Rachel has spent nine months on secondment with Angelo, Gordon Europe LLP and six months on secondment with the firm’s Hong Kong office.
- Advising ED&F Man, the global agricultural commodities group, on its $US 1.5bn cross-border refinancing, implemented by a UK restructuring plan
- Advising the Official Receiver as liquidator and PwC as special managers on the compulsory liquidation of Carillion
- Advising creditors of Lehman Brothers in the Waterfall litigation and subsequent scheme of arrangement relating to the distribution of LBIE’s surplus of around £7bn
- Advising Monarch Airlines on the completion of its strategic review and restructuring programme, and its acquisition by Greybull Capital in 2014
- Advising the joint administrators of Monarch Airlines following their appointment in 2017
- Advising Jack Wolfskin, one of Europe's leading outdoor apparel brands, on its financial restructuring process
- Advising the Arcadia Group on the entry of 28 group companies into administration.
- Advising the joint administrators of 27 Arcadia entities, including on the various sales of the Arcadia brands
- Advising an ad hoc group of Takko Fashion's noteholders on the company's €830m restrucuring, including a debt for equity swap via a high yield consent solicitation and reinstatement of c. €405m of existing debt.
- University of Nottingham, UK (LLB in law with Chinese law, with a year at the University of Hong Kong)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course)