About Cole Sedgwick
Cole is an associate in our international arbitration group and public international law practice in London. He has previously spent time in our New York office.
Cole acts in commercial and investor-state arbitration, litigation and investigations. He has experience in disputes across the oil and gas, finance, private equity and defence sectors. He has also advised a number of international organisations on a pro bono basis on immunities under international law, public law, foreign torts, the law of the sea and transitional justice mechanisms.
Cole’s experience includes advising:
- An African petrochemicals company in a London-seated arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules.
- International companies and non-governmental bodies on the merits of judicial review proceedings.
- A private equity company on litigation risk in respect of various investments into a number of sport's franchises.
- An international financial institution on an FCA investigation in relation to financial crime.
- A high net-worth individual on a DOJ investigation into various tax offences.
- An international financial institution on a professional negligence claim in the High Court of England and Wales.
Pro bono work
- An international non-governmental organisation on the scope of its immunities under international law.
- An international non-governmental organisation on transitional justice mechanisms.
- An international non-governmental organisation on the International Seabed Authority’s draft Exploitation Regulations in respect of deep seabed mining.
- An international non-governmental organisation on claims in the English courts relating to foreign torts.
- BPP University, London, UK (Accelerated Legal Practice Course, Commendation)
- BPP University, London, UK (Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation)
- University of St Andrews, UK (MLitt, Terrorism Studies)
- University of St Andrews, UK (MA, International Relations, First Class Honours)
- English solicitor, admitted September 2018
Languages: English (native), Spanish (proficient), French (basic).