About Michael Schwaab
Michael is an experienced member of our data and technology practice with a particular focus on general data governance, privacy litigation and internal investigations.
Having supported on numerous data and cyber compliance matters, Michael helps clients on complex data strategy projects. Thanks to his understanding of the interplay between data protection and data regulation with other legal fields, such as telecommunications law and media law, Michael provides a thorough and comprehensive advice particularly helpful in the context of the innovative use of data and new digital products and services.
In addition, Michael is used to dealing with risk management and crises containment issues. His longstanding experience with regard to data and cyber incidents as well as global internal investigations enables him to provide quick and expert advice in particularly complex and sensitive matters. He has advised on some of the highest profile data and cyber cases, as well as on GDPR (fine) proceedings and data-related (mass) litigation.
Michael also has great experience supporting M&A transactions, focusing on commercial aspects in IP/IT law, data protection and privacy compliance aspects as well as cyber security.
Michael has been seconded to a leading car manufacturer and to our Frankfurt office.
Michael speaks German and English.
- Advising leading automotive companies on their global data strategy, various data-driven use cases, the implementation of self-driving car technology in various jurisdictions, international data transfers, data protection contracts and the data protection aspects of connected vehicles and digital services.
- Representing companies in various GDPR fine and administrative proceedings and coordinating with authorities on codes of conduct and other official guidance for companies.
Online and digital
- Advising a leading technology company on product-related data, ePrivacy and telecoms regulatory issues, including mass litigation and proceedings before regulators.
- Advising a German TV station on various GDPR and ePrivacy related topics and compliance.
- Advising several healthcare companies on data protection and IT law.
- Advising a leading biotech company on GDPR compliance in the context of clinical trials.
- Avising several real estate companies on on data protection and IT law.
- Advising several real estate companies on data protection aspects in the context of joint venture and management agreements.
- University of Heidelberg, Germany
- University of Kraków, Poland (LL.M.)
- Traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany