About Dr. Torsten Schreier
Torsten specialises in commercial work, information technology law and non-contentious intellectual property law.
He has considerable experience advising both suppliers and customers on commercial contracts, such as outsourcing arrangements and other long-term collaborations, including joint-ventures.
Torsten also specialises in the structuring of carve-out type transactions, and regularly advises on data protection and media law.
Torsten speaks German and English.
- Advising UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions on a high-volume multijurisdictional IT infrastructure outsourcing to IBM, covering various banks of UniCredit Group. The project included the establishment of a joint venture service company with IBM and the transfer of related assets, contracts and personnel in various jurisdictions.
- Advising KfW Bankengruppe, the state-owned German bank, on several public tender processes for the outsourcing of several parts of its IT infrastructure and application management.
- Advising Airbus on the sale of its electronic warfare and border security business and the related carve-out.
- Advising Airbus on development and supply agreements for passenger-to-freighter conversion of aircraft and the related joint venture with Singapore Technologies Aerospace.
- Advising SEB on the carve-out and sale of its retail banking business to Banco Santander.
- Universities of Saarbrücken, Lausanne, Bonn and Mainz (doctorate in law - Dr iur)