“Highly Commended: Driving Value”
Roger advises mainly on big-ticket property transactions involving complex cross-border structures and on real estate M&A, JVs, restructuring and financing transactions.
His clients are typically investors (particularly private equity and sovereign wealth funds), property companies and corporates.
Roger has undertaken secondments to KKR, Barclays Bank and the firm’s Paris office.
Roger was singled out for special commendation at this's year's FT Innovative Lawyer Awards, in the category Driving Value - Law firms and legal service providers, for his work for Mount Street Mortgage Servicing on the debt restructure and sale of CityPoint Tower. This deal was also shortlisted for Real Estate Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards 2017.back to tab navigation
- Advising Pandox AB on its acquisition of the Jurys Inn hotels portfolio of 36 hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland in partnership with The Fattal Group for £800m.
- Advising QMH on the sale of the Queens Bilderberg (Nederland) hotels portfolio to First Sponsor Group (completed August 2017).
- Advising TPG and Patron Capital on the sale on the sale of the Merin office platform in the Netherlands to Canadian REIT Dream Global for €622m (completed July 2017).
- Advising AXA IM – Real Assets on the acquisition of a logistics property portfolio from Gramercy Property Europe for circa €1bn (completed July 2017).
- Advising Davidson Kempner on its corporate acquisition and financing of the Chariot portfolio of NCP-operated car parks from Blackstone for around £500m (completed December 2016).
- Advising Mount Street Mortgage Servicing as special servicer and security trustee in respect of £535m of debt secured on CityPoint tower, London and on the sale to Brookfield for a sum sufficient to repay secured liabilities (completed December 2016).
- Downing College, Cambridge, UK (MA (hons) in law)
- BPP Law School, London, UK (legal practice course, with distinction)
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001 firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly Commended: Driving Value