About Eva Schneider
Eva Schneider is a principal associate in our global transactions practice, specialising in financial services law and regulation.
She has a wide range of financial services experience advising banks, payment and e-money institutions, investment firms, asset managers, insurance companies and non-regulated entities on legal and regulatory matters, from global financial institutions and technology companies to early stage and emerging fintechs. Eva helps client navigate their most complex contractual, compliance and risk questions, including in the context of transactions, reorganisations, regulatory enforcement actions, investigations and disputes. Particular areas of focus also include regulatory change relating to technology and sustainability in the financial sector.
Eva has spent six months on secondment with the London team of a global payment service provider and has also been seconded to our Frankfurt office. She is a member of the firm's Fintech Group, ESGxFIG team, Risk, Conduct & Compliance Group and CEE country team, has authored various publications and regularly presents at conferences and workshops.
She speaks German, English, French and Italian.
- Advising Western Union, the global leader in cross-border, cross-currency money movement and payments, on the sale of Western Union Business Solutions for $910 million to a private equity consortium of Goldfinch Partners and Baupost Group.
- Advising Trade Republic on various regulatory issues in connection with the expansion and internationalisation of its business.
- Advising on cross-system interoperability of local mobile payment systems across Europe and the set-up of a settlement system, including cross-practice and cross-country structural, regulatory and contractual advice.
- Advising an Asia-based, globally leading payments and e-money services provider on a range of digital products and innovative business ideas.
- Advising a major Austrian bank on the passporting of its banking license related to the establishment of a branch in Germany.
- Advising a consortium of 24 banks on a €3 billion credit facility and related security created across Austria, Malta and Ireland in relation to a stabilisation package for an airline in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advising a bank and its affiliates in CEE on the securitisation of loan and lease receivables in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, Romania, and Bulgaria.
- Advising a car manufacturer on financing and restructuring aspects of the acquisition of a Portuguese group in the course of in-court restructuring proceedings, constituting the largest restructuring in the country’s history.
- Advising regional and international credit and payment institutions, investment firms, asset managers and insurance companies on regulatory matters on an ongoing basis (e.g. capital requirements, outsourcing, fit & proper, remuneration, AML), including in related examinations and proceedings.
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria – economics (MSc)
- University of Graz, Austria – law (Mag.iur.)
- University of Graz, Austria – business administration (BSc)
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy – international economics (exchange semester)
- Institut d'études politiques de Paris (Sciences Po), France – international relations and European affairs (exchange year)
- Rechtsanwältin, Vienna bar, Austria
Before joining the firm, Eva worked in the European Parliament’s legal service (economic and monetary affairs) in Brussels, the Austrian trade commission in Seoul, an Austria-based bank as well as courts and authorities in Vienna.