About Dr. Ole Schley
Ole is a member of the antitrust, competition and trade practice group and located in our Dusseldorf office.
He advises on all aspects of German and EU competition law, covering antitrust and regulatory aspects of global M&A transactions, dominance proceedings and horizontal and vertical agreements. He is a member of the firm's TMT group and has significant experience in advising tech and digital platform clients, particularly with a view to the EU's Digital Markets Act and Digital Services Act, as well as the German GWB10 amendments.
Ole also has a focus on international cartel investigations and cartel damages claims.
In addition, he advises clients on sustainability cooperations and frequently publishes on a range of legal topics.
Ole advises clients in German and English.
- Advising companies on compliance with platform regulation laws (DMA, DSA, GWB10)
- Advising an American tech company in an abuse of dominance probe by the German Federal Cartel Office
- Advising a German midmarket company in an appeal against a cartel fine by the German Federal Cartel Office
- Advising a leading automotive company in antitrust proceedings by the European Commission
- Advising Altor and SMS on the acquisition of a 50 percent stake in KAEFER Isoliertechnik
- Advising Beiersdorf on its acquisition of Chantecaille
- Advising a leading automotive company on competition law questions related to its global data strategy
- Legal Traineeship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, with placements at commercial law firms in Hamburg and New York, the German Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection in Berlin and the Foreign Office, German Embassy in Beijing
- Law studies at the Universitiy of Hamburg and the China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing
- Attorney at law (Rechtsanwalt), Germany
- Antitrust Law Study Group (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)
- Competition Litigation Forum
- German-Chinese Lawyer's Association