About Marius Scherb
Marius is a Counsel in the Global Transactions, Intellectual Property and Information Technology (IP/IT) practice area in our Hamburg office.
He advises national and international clients on intellectual property, IT and commercial law - both by way of general advice and in connection with M&A transactions and outsourcing projects. Clients he regularly instructs include private equity companies, large industrial companies as well as businesses in the information technology and healthcare sectors.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising Merck on its €3.4bn carve-out und sale of its consumer health business to Procter & Gamble.
- Advising Advent International on the acquisition of Evonik's methacrylates business.
- Advising Royal Caribbean Cruises on the expansion of its cruise joint venture with TUI.
- Advising a global private equity firm on the sale of inexio to EQT.
- Advising CompuGroup Medical on the acquisition of hospital information systems in Germany and Spain from Cerner.
- Advising thyssenkrupp on the sale of the mining plant engineering business to FLS Smidth, Denmark, and the complex carve-out of the activities from the Plant Technology division, implemented in parallel to the M&A track.
- Advising LANXESS on the purchase of the Microbial Control Business of International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF).
- Advising LANXESS on the carve-out and divestiture of its worldwide organic leather chemicals business to TFL Ledertechnik.
- Advising MYR shareholders in the acquisition of MYR by Gilead Sciences for a purchase price of 1.15 bn and further performance-related bonuses.
- Advising a bidder in the auction process for the acquisition of Lonza's Specialty Ingredients business in a carve-out.
- Advising a bidder in the auction process for the acquisition of the construction chemicals business of a large international chemicals corporation in the context of a carve-out.
- Advising a european aerospace corporation on development and supply agreements for passenger-to-freighter conversion of aircraft.
- Advising MicroPort Scientific Corporation in the acquisition of 100 percent of the capital of Hemovent GmbH previously held by the founders and growth capital investors.
- Advising Verisk on the acquisition of ACTINEO, a leading InsurTech company.
- Advising Zurich-based gategroup on the acquisition of the European business of Lufthansa’s catering subsidiary LSG Sky Chefs.
- Advising Novartis on its $5.2bn acquisition of pharmaceutical product Xiidra from Takeda/Shire.
- Advising International Chemical Investors Group (ICIG) on their sale of CordenPharma (leading global CDMO (contract development & manufacturing organization)) to European private equity firm Astorg.
- Advising Cinven on its acquisition of MBCC Group’s Admixtures business from Sika AG.
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University in Munich
- Università degli Studi di Padova (Italy)
- Legal Traineeship (Referendariat) at the Regional Court of Ulm with stages at international law firms in Munich and New York City
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) at the London School of Economics and Political Science
- Admitted to the German bar
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) (LSE)