About Felix Schaaf
Felix is a Senior Associate in our international arbitration group in London, advising on international commercial, investor-state and sports disputes.
Felix has a broad arbitration practice with particular expertise in the energy, natural resources, finance, leisure and retail sectors. He also regularly advises sports governing bodies, investors and teams.
Felix is a clerk to the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal, which is administered out of Munich and seated in Geneva, and he has previously served as a Judicial Assistant in the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales.
Felix regularly appears as a volunteer advocate on behalf of appellants before the Asylum Support Tribunal, working with the Asylum Support Appeals Project.
International commercial arbitration and investor-state disputes
- Representing a solar modules manufacturer in an LCIA arbitration arising out of a sale of goods agreement
- Representing a bank in an ICC arbitration arising out of a corporate disposal
- Representing an energy major in an ICC arbitration against a Middle Eastern State in relation to various claims arising under a production sharing contract
- Representing an international entertainment operator in an ICC arbitration arising out of the termination of a licensing agreement
- Representing a major retailer in an ICC arbitration relating to a breach of warranty claim
Sports disputes and regulatory matters
- Representing a leading football club before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in its successful appeal against a ban imposed by a sports governing body for alleged breaches of financial fair play regulations
- Representing the Romanian Rugby Federation in a matter leading to Romania successfully qualifying for the Rugby World Cup 2023
- Representing various football clubs in litigation, arbitration and regulatory proceedings
- Representing an international sports broadcaster before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in relation to the termination of a licensing agreement
- Advising Thomas Sandgaard on his acquisition of Charlton Athletic Football Club
- Advising a major sports governing body in relation to the cancellation of competitions due to the COVID-19 pandemic
BA (Hons) History, St John’s College, University of Cambridge (First)
MPhil in Modern European History, St John’s College, University of Cambridge (Distinction)
Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course, BPP University (Distinction)
Solicitor-Advocate (Higher Courts – Civil), England & Wales