About Olivia Mackay
Olivia is an associate in our corporate practice.
Olivia is an associate in our Global Transactions group in London. Her practice includes public and private M&A, joint ventures and general corporate advisory work. She is the relationship associate for several listed companies.
Olivia has been seconded to Smiths Group plc and BAE Systems plc as part of their legal M&A teams.
Olivia’s experience includes representing:
- Smiths Group plc on its proposed demerger of Smiths Medical and the UK corporate law aspects of its proposed disposal which was ultimately to ICU Medical, Inc for £2.35bn;
- Hastings Group Holdings plc on the £1.7bn takeover by Sampo plc and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings Ltd;
- Barrick Gold Corporation on its $18bn merger with Randgold Resources Limited;
- Saputo Inc on its £975m acquisition of Dairy Crest Group plc;
- Restructuring and administration of Debenhams Group plc and preparation for sale process;
- HNA Innovation Finance Group Limited on its $775 million joint venture with Glencore in respect of Glencore’s worldwide petroleum products storage and logistics business;
- China Tianying on its acquisition of Urbaser S.A. holding company Jiangsu Dezhan Investment for CNY 8.574 bn from shareholders including CECEP Huayu Zhenjiang Green Industry Buyout Fund and China Ping An Life Insurance;
- LVMH on its investment in fashion search site Lyst;
- HSS Hire Group plc on its IPO, £13m placing to institutional investors and the £60.5m disposal of its powered access business;
- IHG on its $500m special dividend and share consolidation;
- Getlink (formerly Groupe Eurotunnel ) on its internal reorganisation of its corporate legal structure.