About Alexander Ruschkowski
Alexander specialises in structured finance and securities law, in particular derivatives and related insolvency and regulatory topics.
He is the lead advisor in the German finance team for derivatives based on German and English law. This includes insolvency (netting) and regulatory topics.
In addition, Alexander regularly advises on repurchase and securities lending transactions and the collateralisation of derivatives.
His work is quite often in the context of a loan or bond financing, restructuring, securitisation transactions, M&A transactions, equity neutral bonds and DR topics. Alexander is also working on certain industry netting opinions.
Alexander has built long-term relationships with certain financial institutions and corporates for whom he has acted.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising certain banks, such as J.P.Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Barclays, and corporates on clearing agreements, over-the-counter derivatives, repo and securities lending agreements, and netting opinions.
- Advising certain banks and corporates on regulatory topics, particularly the European market infrastructure regulation and the disclosure of voting rights.
- Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (legal education)
- Yale Law School summer session in Connecticut, USA
- Admitted to the German Bar as Rechtsanwalt
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales