About Tomas Rua
Tomas is a senior associate in New York focusing on public and private M&A , including complex cross-border transactions. Tomas also counsels companies and their boards on corporate governance matters and fiduciary duty considerations.
- Roivant Sciences on its $7.1 billion sale of Telavant to Roche.
- Committee of independent directors of the board of Qualtrics on the $12.5 billion all-cash sale of the company to a private equity consortium (the largest private equity transaction of the year).
- Board of Directors of Boxed, Inc. on its announced process to explore strategic alternatives.
- Jungheinrich AG on its pending acquisition of Storage Solutions, Inc.
- Euronav on its proposed $4.2 billion business combination with Frontline.
- Stanley Black & Decker on the $3.2 billion divestiture of its electronic security and healthcare solutions businesses to Securitas AB.
- Ericsson on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Vonage.
- Belden on the sale of its industrial cable business in Brazil to Yangtze Optical FC.
- PepsiCo on its acquisition of a US-based startup in the food and beverage industry.
- Stagwell Media on its combination with MDC Partners, pursuant to which Stagwell acquired a 69% interest in MDC through an “Up-C” transaction structure.
- Ecology and Environment on its acquisition by WSP Global.
- Henkel on its acquisition of DevaCurl.
- International Flavors & Fragrances on its $7.1 billion acquisition of Frutarom.
- Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of Gabriel Brothers.
- Overseas Shipholding Group on the separation and spin-off of its international business, International Seaways.
- International Seaways on the $434 million acquisition of the holding companies for six 300,000 DWT VLCC vessels from Euronav.
- Stanley Ventures on multiple equity investments in companies developing disruptive technologies, including Humavox and ConnectMyEV.
- Goldman Sachs & Co. as financial advisor on multiple M&A transactions.
- The financial advisor to a special committee of the Board of Directors of Alicorp S.A.A. in connection with Alicorp’s $292M acquisition of Industrias de Aceite S.A. and related assets.
- The financial advisors to Grupo Financiero Banorte, in connection with Banorte’s $1.4 billion acquisition of Grupo Financiero Interacciones.
- BNP Paribas on various 144A and Regulation S debt offerings.
- Harland Clarke on the financing of its acquisition of Maxpoint Interactive.
- A major Silicon Valley technology company in multiple private acquisitions.
Yale Law School
- J.D., 2016; President, Yale Law & Business Society
Yale School of Management
- M.B.A., 2016
- B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2010