Rami is a Senior Associate in our Financial Institutions Disputes Group.
Rami acts for a broad range of financial institutions and listed companies on civil litigation and contentious regulatory matters. Her matters are typically high profile, multi-jurisdictional and high value. She specialises in disputes regarding complex financial products or markets, and matters concerning governance and financial crime issues faced by global financial institutions and corporates.
Rami has been seconded to a number of in-house litigation teams, including a global investment bank (in 2017), a FTSE 100 multinational retailer (in 2014) and a FTSE 100 multinational oil and gas company (in 2011). Rami has worked in our Paris office.
back to tab navigation
- Acting for a global investment bank on a professional negligence claim against its advisors.
- Defending a Big-Four accountancy firm in relation to an investigation by the Financial Reporting Council.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 multinational retailer in relation to a regulatory investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Serious Fraud Office.
- Advising a global investment bank on matters relating to the sale of interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for a global investment bank in the Commercial Court, Court of Appeal, and Supreme Court in respect of multi-billion dollar claims from FX trading losses.
- Advising an investment bank in relation to global investigations regarding the Panama Papers.
Law at St Anne’s College, University of Oxford
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts, Civil)
Memberships and additional responsibilities
- Rami is committed to a number of initiatives to widen access to the legal profession. She is a mentor for the Villiers Park Educational Trust.
- Rami is a regular speaker on the importance of social mobility in the City. She was the keynote speaker at the Law Prizes Celebration at the University of Oxford, and more recently has spoken at professional services firms on the importance of diversity and inclusion.
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001 firstname.lastname@example.org