Lee Rovinescu is a senior associate in our international arbitration group and is based in New York. He previously spent time in our Paris and Dubai offices.
He has been involved in investment, commercial and construction disputes in arbitrations under the rules of the International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) and the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC).
Lee speaks English and French.back to tab navigation
- Advising ConocoPhillips in its precedent-setting, multibillion-dollar ICSID arbitration against Venezuela arising from the expropriation of hydrocarbon and refining assets.
- Advising an international inter-governmental organization in commercial arbitrations governed by the UNCITRAL rules concerning disputes arising under contracts for the provision of goods and services to it.
- Advising Eco Oro Minerals Corp. in its ICSID arbitration against the Colombian government under the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement relating to adverse measures affecting an investment in the mining sector.
- Advising the Tanzanian National Roads Agency in an ICC arbitration arising out of the construction of a road.
- Advising a US oil and gas major in two ICC arbitrations against a Latin American state-owned oil company.
- Advising a consortium of Korean EPC contractors in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a power plant in eastern Africa.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications company in a dispute with a competitor regarding the award of a license in a Middle-Eastern state.
- LLB, McGill University
- BCL, Quebec civil law, McGill University
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York
New York601 Lexington Avenue 31st Floor
New York, NY
T +1 212 230 4634
F +1 646 465 7434 firstname.lastname@example.org