About Sarah Rohmann
Sarah advises clients, particularly in the pharmaceutical and financial services sectors, on a wide range of individual and collective employment law issues and represents them during litigation.
Sarah is a Principal Associate in our People & Reward practice group in Düsseldorf with 10+ years of professional experience as an employment lawyer in three jurisdictions (France, Canada and Germany).
Sarah’s practice covers a wide range of individual and collective employment law matters, with a focus on cross-border HR projects, such as reorganizations, workforce reductions and global policies. She also regularly advises multinationals on the employment aspects of commercial transactions.
Sarah has extensive experience in coordinating international projects involving multiples jurisdictions across the globe.
After spending 9 years in Paris as a French employment lawyer in international law firms, primarily at Freshfields (from 2012 to 2017), she moved to Montreal in 2018, where she obtained her license to practice and worked for almost two years at Blakes (a partner firm of Freshfields’ Stronger Together network). In August 2021, Sarah re-joined Freshfields and is now based in Düsseldorf.
Sarah is admitted to the bars of Paris, Düsseldorf and Quebec and speaks German, French and English fluently.
- Advising Altor Fund and SMS Group on the employment aspects of their joint investment for a 50% shareholding in KAEFER Isoliertechnik GmbH & Co. KG and leading the HR due diligence workstream in several jurisdictions;
- Coordinating for Flint Group the employment aspects of the pre-closing carve-outs in the context of the sale of its global XSYS business to an affiliate of Lone Star Funds, a global private equity firm;
- Advising ThyssenKrupp on the employment aspects of the pre-closing carve-outs in the context of the sale of its global mining business to FLSmidth involving more than 25 countries;
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim on the employment aspects of its global asset swap with Sanofi and managing the HR workstream in 49 jurisdictions;
- Advising Bristol Myers-Squibb on the employment aspects of the sale of its global diabetes business to AstraZeneca and coordinating the HR workstream in more than 40 countries;
- Advising Evotec on the employment aspects of the acquisition of the technology and research platforms of Sanofi-aventis R&D's site in Toulouse as well as on various post-acquisition issues;
- Advising Beiersdorf on its acquisition of Chantecaille skin care brand.
- University of Düsseldorf (Dipl.-iur.)
- Sorbonne University (LL.M.)
- Sorbonne University (Master in French employment law)
- Admitted to the Paris Bar, January 2009
- Admitted to the Quebec Bar, July 2018
- Admitted to the Düsseldorf Bar, September 2021
- French-German lawyers association
- French-German chamber of commerce and industry