About Angus Reston
Angus is a senior associate in Freshfields' commercial dispute resolution group, with a particular focus on competition litigation.
Angus advises on competition, commercial and public law disputes, as well as internal and regulatory corporate investigations. He has represented clients in the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal, the English High Court, the English Court of Appeal and the UK Supreme Court.
Angus has particular experience in advising clients on complex multi-jurisdictional competition disputes before courts in England and around Europe, including in the landmark Trucks litigation. He also acts on a number of collective proceedings brought in the Competition Appeal Tribunal under the UK's competition class action regime, including several opt-out alleged abuse of dominance claims.
Angus contributes regularly on the interaction between competition law and ESG initiatives.
During his time at Freshfields, Angus has been on secondment to the firm's Berlin and Amsterdam offices.
- Acting for Volvo/Renault Trucks in co-ordinating its Europe-wide defence of claims arising from the European Commission’s infringement decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Representing London and South Eastern Railway in the first standalone and first alleged abuse of dominance related collective proceedings brought in the Competition Appeal Tribunal under the UK's competition class action regime.
- Acting for Govia Thameslink Railway in two further proposed opt-out collective proceedings also concerning rail tickets.
- Acting for a consortium of insurance companies in judicial review proceedings.
- Advising a professional services company in relation to allegations of bribery and corruption in Asia.
- Advising a client in the oil and gas sector in relation to allegations of bribery and corruption in the Middle East.
- Acting for Asahi Glass in follow-on damages litigation following the European Commission’s infringement decision relating to the car glass industry.
- Pro bono - Representing ATLEU, an anti-human trafficking charity, in its intervention before the UK Supreme Court in A&B v CICA  UKSC 27 regarding modern slavery and the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.
- King's College London – Postgraduate Diploma in Competition Law
- BPP University – Graduate Diploma in Law; Legal Practice Course
- Durham University – BA Combined Honours in Arts (History and English)
- Qualified in England & Wales