Charles-Philippe is an experienced corporate lawyer who advises large corporate clients on M&A and capital markets transactions in Belgium and internationally.
His practice focuses on cross-border public and private M&A transactions and joint ventures, as well as debt and equity capital markets operations.
Charles-Philippe also provides corporate advisory work to listed and non-listed companies in corporate and finance law, including company law, corporate governance and commercial contracts.
He is fluent in French, Dutch and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising Anheuser-Busch InBev on its €92bn acquisition of SABMiller through a complex three-steps transaction consisting of a scheme of arrangement in the UK, a Belgian takeover bid and a reverse merger under Belgian law whereby a new Belgian top company leads the combined group, with listings on Euronext Brussels, and the New York, Johannesburg and Mexico stock exchanges. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising Argenx on its initial public offering on Euronext Brussels.
- Advising Asahi Glass Europe (AGC), a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals, and high-tech materials, on the creation of a worldwide joint venture with Kinestral Technologies to sell, distribute and service smart-tinting glass.
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on the sale - and previously on the acquisition - of a 39% stake in Interparking, a leading pan-European car park owner and operator owning a portfolio of 949 high quality car park sites in nearly 420 cities across 9 countries.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the sale of Praesidiad (formerly Betafence), the world market leader in fencing solutions, access control and detection for perimeter protection.
- Advising the Global ID Group (a Paine Schwartz Partners portfolio company) on its add-on acquisition of the Quality Partner group in Belgium.
- Advising Helios Capital on the acquisition of the Crown Agents group while on secondment in the London office.
- Advising Viohalco, a major Greek industrial group, on several corporate reorganisations, several cross-border mergers and the IPOs of two new holding entities on Euronext Brussels and the Athens stock exchange.
- University of Louvain UCL, Belgium
- New York University, US (LLM)
- Brussels Bar
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200