Maxim specialises in domestic and multijurisdictional litigation, and international commercial and investment arbitration.
Maxim has represented Russian and international clients in domestic courts of all levels. His arbitration experience includes complex corporate, banking, construction and general commercial disputes in LCIA, ICC, SCC, SIAC, VIAC, ICSID and ICAC. Some of these disputes received wide press coverage.
Before joining Freshfields, Maxim worked in major US and UK law firms in Moscow. He speaks Russian and English.
- Representing a major Russian state-owned company in several arbitrations arising from large infrastructure project.
- Representing two Russian billionaires in parallel $2bn LCIA arbitrations arising from a breach of shareholder agreement and tort.
- Representing a major international bank in LCIA arbitration, Russian and English courts in respect of $90m claim against a Russian entity arising from a guarantee agreement.
- Representing a large investment company in a complex shareholder dispute in the LCIA and parallel proceedings in the BVI, Caymans, Cyprus and Russia.
- Representing interim receivers in several litigations in Russia aimed at return of assets which were dissipated by former management.
- Masters, Russian School of Private Law
- Institute of Law, Far East State University
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001