Mariia Puchyna, Associate Disputes, litigation and arbitration
Mariia is an associate in the International Disputes Group in Paris, with experience in investment arbitration and international commercial arbitration and litigation (including related enforcement proceedings), as well as public international law.
Mariia has advised clients under all major institutional rules and in ad hoc arbitrations. Her industry experience includes the oil and gas, mining, defence, finance and construction sectors, with particular expertise in cross-border and shareholder disputes.
Mariia speaks Ukrainian, Russian and English, and has a basic knowledge of German and French.back to tab navigation
- Acting for a mining investor in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a central Asian State under an investment law with respect to licences for rare earth mineral deposits.
- Filing complaints with the United Nations Human Rights Committee on behalf of individuals who have suffered breaches of their human rights under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- Representing a Ukrainian businessman in concurrent proceedings (LCIA arbitration and in the English Commercial Court) arising from a joint venture of ferroalloy and iron ore assets.
- Advising a large western financial institution in a post M&A dispute in eastern Europe.
- Representing a United States investor in an investment treaty dispute against an Eastern European government relating to the alleged expropriation of the investor’s interest in a construction project.
- University of Oxford, UK, Master of Philosophy in Law
- University of Oxford, UK, Magister Juris (MJur)
- Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University, Ukraine (KIMO-University)
Mariia is admitted to practice law in Ukraine.back to tab navigation
Paris2 rue Paul Cézanne
T +33 1 44 56 44 56
F +33 1 44 56 44 00 email@example.com