Roman is an associate and has been based in our Moscow office since 2011.
His practice primarily focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, banking and finance transactions (both domestic and cross-border).
Roman also has experience advising on a wide variety of general corporate and finance law matters, as well as miscellaneous regulatory issues.
Clients include major banks and other financial institutions, private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and various other businesses.
Roman is a native Russian speaker, is fluent in English and has a working knowledge of German.back to tab navigation
- Advising Renova Group on the acquisition of Octo Telematics, a global leader in providing insurance telematics services (‘smart insurance’), including legal due diligence.
- Advising a major international equity investment fund on the acquisition of 42 per cent of the shares in Russia Forest Products Group, a group of companies involved in forestry, wood processing and transportation in the far east of Russia, including legal due diligence.
- Advising Sberbank of Russia on the €505m acquisition of Austrian Volksbank International and nine subsidiary banks of Volksbank in central and eastern Europe, including obtaining banking and merger control clearances, and preparation of the related financial documentation.
- Advising a consortium of investors, comprising leading Russian and Middle Eastern sovereign wealth funds, on financing SIBUR’s ZapSibNeftekhim project for the construction of an integrated petrochemical facility in Tobolsk, Tyumen region, Russia.
- Advising a major international equity investment fund on the initial public offering of Detsky Mir, Russia’s top children’s goods retailer, the first Russian float in nearly three years to include international banks.
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (law department) (Specialist in Law)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (law department) (PhD in Law)
- Associate professor, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia (law department)
- Admitted to practise law in the Russian Federation
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales