Gaia’s practice focuses on cross-border private M&A transactions for corporate and private equity clients.
Gaia is a senior associate in our global transactions team with a strong focus on private M&A and venture capital. She regularly advises on complex transactions with intersections across numerous jurisdictions, and has extensive experience advising on transaction-specific insurance solutions. She also has experience in post-M&A litigation. Prior to being based in London, she has practiced in Germany and Belgium.
Gaia speaks English, Dutch, French and German.back to tab navigation
- Xior Student Housing on the acquisition of a student home portfolio with 5,341 residential units from BaseCamp for EUR 939 million in Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Poland.
- Leggett & Platt on the acquisition of the Pacoma group, one of the world's leading suppliers of hydraulic cylinders.
- Etex on the consolidation of its portfolio of sustainable business activities through the acquisition of URSA, a European leader in insulation solutions.
- Flint Group on the carve out and sale of its XSYS Division, which specializes in the development and supply of printing plates, sleeves and adapters, and pre-press equipment for the packaging industry, to an affiliate of Lone Star Funds.
- PepsiCo, Inc. on the Series A and B investment rounds in air up, a Germany-based startup developing water bottles with scent pods.
- LANXESS on the acquisition of Theseo, a France-based disinfection and hygiene solutions provider with further sites in Germany, the UK and Brazil, from the Avril group.
- RWE AG on the acquisition of Nordex SE’s European onshore wind and solar development business, including a 2.7 GW project pipeline.
- STMicroelectronics NV on the acquisition of BeSpoon SAS, a France-based semiconductor company, and the related strategic partnership for UWB positioning technology with TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG.
- PepsiCo, Inc. on the acquisition of a Germany-based startup in the food and beverage industry.
- Norges Bank Investment Management on the sale of office properties in Munich, Germany.
- Mars, Inc. on its acquisition of a majority stake in Foodspring GmbH, a Germany-based provider of nutritional supplements, vitamins, snacks and drinks.
- Verlinvest and Palmyra Brands on the sale of Armonea Group NV, a Belgium-based operator of senior care residences and facilities, to Groupe Colisée.
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. on the acquisition of Ecadis NV, a Belgium-based online car auction platform for car traders.
- Eastman Kodak Company on the sale of Miraclon Corporation, a US-based manufacturer and seller of flexographic products, to Montagu Private Equity.
- Paine Schwartz Partners and FoodChain ID Group, Inc. on the acquisition of Quality Partner SA and affiliates, a Belgian agri-food certification and quality control group.
- IK Investment Partners on numerous matters, including the acquisitions of CID Lines NV, a Belgium-based manufacturer of hygiene solutions for the agriculture, food processing and the automotive sectors, and Meratech Rus Group LLC, a Russia-based developer of professional hygiene solutions for the agriculture and food industries.
- CVC Capital Partners on the sale of Praesidiad NV, a Belgium-based manufacturer of fencing and perimeter protection, to The Carlyle Group.
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (bachelor and master of laws)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (LL.M)
- Wharton School of Business, USA (business and law certificate)
- Advocaat/avocat, Brussels (Dutch language section) and Munich Bar Associations
back to tab navigation
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001