Gaia’s practice focuses on cross-border private M&A transactions for corporate and private equity clients.
Gaia has extensive experience in the energy, resources and infrastructure sector, in particular in the field of renewable energy. She regularly advises on complex carve-out transactions, as well as venture capital investments and transaction-specific insurance solutions. She also has experience in post-M&A litigation. She has practiced in Germany and Belgium.
Gaia speaks English, Dutch, French and German.back to tab navigation
- Flint Group on the carve out and sale of its XSYS Division, which specializes in the development and supply of printing plates, sleeves and adapters, and pre-press equipment for the packaging industry, to an affiliate of Lone Star Funds.
- PepsiCo, Inc. on the Series A and B investment rounds in air up, a Germany-based startup developing water bottles with scent pods.
- LANXESS on the acquisition of Theseo, a France-based disinfection and hygiene solutions provider with further sites in Germany, the UK and Brazil, from the Avril group.
- RWE AG on the acquisition of Nordex SE’s European onshore wind and solar development business, including a 2.7 GW project pipeline.
- STMicroelectronics NV on the acquisition of BeSpoon SAS, a France-based semiconductor company, and the related strategic partnership for UWB positioning technology with TRUMPF GmbH + Co. KG.
- PepsiCo, Inc. on the acquisition of a Germany-based startup in the food and beverage industry.
- Norges Bank Investment Management on the sale of office properties in Munich, Germany.
- Mars, Inc. on its acquisition of a majority stake in Foodspring GmbH, a Germany-based provider of nutritional supplements, vitamins, snacks and drinks.
- Verlinvest and Palmyra Brands on the sale of Armonea Group NV, a Belgium-based operator of senior care residences and facilities, to Groupe Colisée.
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. on the acquisition of Ecadis NV, a Belgium-based online car auction platform for car traders.
- Eastman Kodak Company on the sale of Miraclon Corporation, a US-based manufacturer and seller of flexographic products, to Montagu Private Equity.
- Paine Schwartz Partners and FoodChain ID Group, Inc. on the acquisition of Quality Partner SA and affiliates, a Belgian agri-food certification and quality control group.
- IK Investment Partners on numerous matters, including the acquisitions of CID Lines NV, a Belgium-based manufacturer of hygiene solutions for the agriculture, food processing and the automotive sectors, and Meratech Rus Group LLC, a Russia-based developer of professional hygiene solutions for the agriculture and food industries.
- CVC Capital Partners on the sale of Praesidiad NV, a Belgium-based manufacturer of fencing and perimeter protection, to The Carlyle Group.
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium (bachelor and master of laws)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (LL.M)
- Wharton School of Business, USA (business and law certificate)
- Advocaat/avocat, Brussels (Dutch language section) and Munich Bar Associations
back to tab navigation
T +49 89 20 70 20
F +49 89 20 70 21 00