“Very brilliant, very prepared, habitually thinks outside the box and is very committed.”
Silvia Paternain receives exceptional praise for being "one of the best in the country." Clients appreciate her approach to corporate transactions, with one source enthusing that she is "very brilliant, very prepared, habitually thinks outside the box and is very committed."
Clients appreciate that Silvia Paternain has "expertise in advising on international affairs, with knowledge of tax treaties networks." One client adds: "She's really bright and creative, and understands the importance of timing for customers."
Silvia Paternain is Band 1 for Tax in Spain.
Silvia Paternain is Leading individual for Tax.
Freshfields is Band 1 for Tax in Spain.
Part of the team awarded Europe Turnaround of the Year– Large Company category, for Pescanova.
Highly commended for the sale of Liberbank’s stake in Telecable.
Highly commended for ‘the first ever acquisition of a Spanish savings bank by a commercial bank, the acquisition merger of the depository and loan business of CCM, a distressed bank, by CajAstur (now Liberbank)’.
• New Catalan tax on empty housing - Nuevo impuesto catalán sobre las viviendas vacías.
• News on Spanish dividends: applicable withholding tax rate reduced to 19.5 per cent.
• Material changes in the Spanish tax grouping regime: impact on existing private equity structures, multinational groups and new M&A transactions.
• Spanish recording, clearing and settlement systems for securities.
• La deducción para evitar la doble imposición interna sobre dividendos: la labor probatoria del sujeto pasivo (Sentencia de la Audiencia Nacional de 4 de marzo de 2010)