Alex Pantelakis, Associate Corporate and M&A
Alex Pantelakis is a corporate associate based in our London office.
Acting for a broad range of corporate and private equity clients, he advises on the full spectrum of corporate finance transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt capital markets, as well as general corporate and listed company matters.
In 2015/16 Alex was seconded to our Singapore office where he advised on a number of regional and international M&A transactions and privatisations.
Alex is also a key member of our Greece country group, advising Greek corporates on international and domestic transactions as well as international firms investing in Greece.back to tab navigation
A selection of Alex's recent work includes advising:
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, a worldwide leader in the car rental industry, on its acquisition of S.H.B. Hire, a UK family-owned vehicle hire business.
- Berry Global, the Fortune 500 global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products listed on the New York Stock Exchange, on its recommended £3.3bn acquisition of RPC Group Plc, a leading international design and engineering company of plastic products for packaging and selected non-packaging markets.
- Neptune Energy, the international independent oil and gas exploration and production company, on the acquisition of VNG Norge AS from VNG AG. This was Neptune Energy’s first major acquisition since we advised them on the initial $3.9bn acquisition of ENGIE E&P International.
- Klépierre, the Paris-listed French real estate investment trust, on its c. £5bn possible offer for Hammerson plc, the London-listed British property development and investment company.
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, the London-listed business and financial magazine publisher, on the auction process leading to the sale of its Global Markets Intelligence Division to a Chinese consortium of CITIC Capital Partners, a private equity house, and Caixin Media, a business news outlet, for $180.5m.
- Expro Group, the international oil and gas services company, on its pre-packaged Chapter 11 restructuring and its $1.4bn debt-for-equity swap, which included a $200m rights issue.
- Hellenic Petroleum, the Athens-listed Greek energy group, on the tap issuance and private placement of £74.9m 4.875% Guaranteed Notes due 2021, the first transaction to take advantage of a recently-expanded prospectus exemption in the new Prospectus Regulation.
- Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V., the Amsterdam-listed international marine services and construction company, on its acquisition of Gardline Holdings Limited.
- Fosun, the Chinese international conglomerate and investment company, on its £256m all-cash offer for Gemfields plc, the London-listed world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced coloured gemstones.
- Neptune Energy, the international independent oil and gas exploration and production company, and its sponsors, The Carlyle Group and CVC Capital Partners, on their acquisition of a 70% interest in ENGIE E&P International from France’s ENGIE Group, in a transaction that valued ENGIE E&P at €4.7bn. ENGIE E&P is a global upstream oil and gas exploration and production business focused on North West Europe and with operations in North Africa and South East Asia.
- ConvaTec plc, the international medical products and technologies company, on the largest initial public offering in London in 2016, which raised £1.47bn and valued the company at £4.4bn. Freshfields won "2017 Capital Markets Team of the Year" for the IPO of ConvaTec at the Financial News Legal Services Awards Europe 2017.
- Hellenic Petroleum, the Athens-listed Greek energy group, on the issuance of £375m 4.875% Guaranteed Notes due 2021 and the parallel tender offer for the purchase of its outstanding £500m 8.00% Guaranteed Notes due 2017.
Alex is also a key member of the Freshfields country team for Greece, where he has advised on privatisations, acquisitions, disposals and capital raisings, in addition to advising international clients on the challenges of doing business in Greece.back to tab navigation
Alex is admitted to practice law in England and Wales as well as Greece, as a member of the Athens Bar Association.
Alex was educated at Oxford University, where he read Law.back to tab navigation
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001 email@example.com