Katie is an investigations lawyer based in London, qualified in both the US (New York) and England and Wales.
She represents clients facing multijurisdictional government and internal investigations and advises on related areas of compliance risk management and white-collar criminal defence. She also provides strategic litigation and investigations advice, particularly to clients seeking a cross-border US-UK perspective, and across the spectrum of corporate criminal risk topics, including anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, sanctions, export controls and fraud. In 2021 she was named an IFLR Rising Star in the area of white collar crime.back to tab navigation
- Advising a wide range of corporates and financial institutions on Russia-related sanctions and export controls.
- Advising a global company following press allegations of misconduct in a higher-risk jurisdiction, including advising on parallel investigations in the US and UK.
- Working alongside a North American financial institution as global anti-bribery, anti-money laundering and trade sanctions adviser.
- Advising a UK company on a potential criminal tax investigation and related internal investigation.
- Advising a European company in a multijurisdictional internal investigation into a wide-ranging set of potential legal issues in one of its divisions, including potential bribery and accounting irregularities.
- Assisting a global financial institution regulated by the FCA on an internal investigation related to IT governance.
- Representing a US company in a multi-year, multijurisdictional Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation.
- Advising a UK company on anti-corruption compliance matters, US FCPA risk and related private litigation risk in connection with several different joint ventures in different countries.
- Advising a charitable organisation on a fraud investigation and related matters, including advice on interacting with relevant authorities.
- Regularly assisting a wide range of clients with transactional risk management and due diligence across the spectrum of corporate crime and compliance risk.
back to tab navigation
- Harvard Law School (J.D.)
- Yale College (B.A.)
- Attorney-at-law, New York
- Solicitor, England and Wales
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001