About Elaine Pajeot
Elaine is a senior associate in our antitrust, competition and trade team. Prior to joining the team in 2019, she practiced competition law with another international law firm in Paris since 2017.
Elaine advises clients in all areas of EU and French competition law: mergers, antitrust, State aid and damage claims. She also advises on foreign investments, foreign subsidies, issues at the crossroads between antitrust and data protection, unfair commercial practices and distribution law.
Elaine has also been seconded to the firm's Brussels office where she notably gained experience on the implementation of the new EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation.
Elaine is registered at the Paris Bar.
She is fluent in French and English.
- Advising EDF on its acquisition of the nuclear turbine and generator business of General Electric (formerly Alstom).
- Advising Facebook on the negotiation of commitments with the French competition authority.
- Advising Sony on its landmark challenge against the French competition authority's first decision to reject commitments proposal, which led to the creation of a new right of appeal in competition law, namely the right to immediately appeal against decisions by which the French competition authority rejects commitments proposals.
- Essec Business School, Advanced Master in International Business law and Management
- University of Paris-Saclay, Master II degree in Competition law and Contract law
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master I degree in Business law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, University degree for Data Protection Officers
- Avocat à la Cour (Paris Bar)