Carmen Osorio is an associate in our antitrust, competition and trade practice group and works on the full spectrum of competition law issues. She counsels clients on multijurisdictional merger filings, anti-competitive practices, vertical agreements, cartel investigations, and has experience also advising on white collar crime and compliance. Carmen regularly advises on competition and global disputes for international and Latin American clients, particularly in Brazil.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Carmen worked as a competition lawyer for a leading international law firm in Brussels and completed a traineeship at the European Commission.
Carmen speaks English, Portuguese, German and French.back to tab navigation
Carmen's more recent experience includes:
- Advising BASF on its acquisition of Bayer’s seed and non-selective herbicide business;
- Advising Takata Corporation in the sale of substantially all of its global assets & operations to Key Safety Systems Inc.
In addition to merger control, Carmen has also advised clients in relation to cartel investigations in the financial sector and automobile sector.back to tab navigation
- Europa-Institut, Saarland University, Masters in European and International Law (LL.M.)
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Bucerius Law School, International Business Law Program
- University of Florida, B.A. & B.S. (in Political Science and Journalism)
- Attorney at Law, New York State, 2013
- Solicitor, Ireland, 2017